Nugent Sand is always looking to hire individuals with a great attitude and work ethic. If you have these qualities, you have a very good opportunity to start a career with our organization. Please send your resume and cover letter to Pam Shunta at .
TECHINICAL DIRECTOR / QUALITY MANAGER
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consult with existing and future foundry clients on their metal casting processes
- Support executive management and sales team with lab evaluation and reports for foundry clients (both new and existing)
- Ensure product quality at all production stages; must be willing to thoroughly learn and understand our mining and processing operations.
- Lead the Company’s Research and Development efforts including:
- Improvements to our existing conditioning and floating process to increase production and/or expand our product offerings to clients
- Understanding the effects of a foundry’s thermal reclamation on our sand and how to overcome obstacles this process may create
- New products to supply foundry industry including select resin coated sand, ceramic sand, synthetic sand, etc.
- New products to supply the frac sand industry
- Troubleshoot problems in production or client quality issues
- Be willing to travel to assist sales staff with clients in various situations
- Create and lead the Company’s Continuous Improvement Process for all facets of the organization.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Update and maintain the quality manual procedures and work instructions.
- Suggest and implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Responsible for creating customer sand blends and annual projections
- Create and manage Statistical Process Control (SPC) data and charts (for external and internal analysis)
- Responsible for recording and reporting of product inventory
- Responsible for submission and monitoring of Nugent’s various permits
- Obtain a lagoon operator’s certification
- Be an active member in the American Foundry Society by participating in committees or special projects
- Be open to other projects on an as needed basis
- The candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the foundry industry including direct experience with sand.
- The candidate must have experience with iron foundries.